United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the Partnership for Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction (PEDRR) have launched a free massive open online course (MOOC) on "Nature-based Solutions for Disaster and Climate Resilience" designed for everybody wanting to develop the theme of environment, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation. The course is available until August 2023 and can be completed with a certificate.
MOOC on "Nature-based Solutions for Disaster and Climate Resilience"
- Follow the course for free & receive a UNEP certificate upon course completion.
- Choose to take the course in 8 languages; (English, French, Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Brazilian-Portuguese and Indonesian)
- Meet & interact with environmental experts and practitioners.
- Access 6 hours of free learning materials, including case studies and exclusive interviews with world leaders.
- Join a growing community of practice on Nature-based Solutions and expand your professional network.
- Take the course at your own pace and learn how to make a difference!
Who can join the course? The course is open to everyone, especially for the following groups, namely:
- Practitioners: Risk reduction & climate change experts, environmental managers, NGOs, and local governements.
- Policy makers: Decision makers at international, national and local levels.
- Engineers & Urban planners: Including architects, geographers and urban designers.
- Businesses: Including banking, insurance, and Corporate Social Responsibility managers.
- Youth & Educators: Parents, teachers, students.