The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the Partnership for Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction (PEDRR) extend their MOOC on "Nature-based Solutions for Disaster and Climate Resilience". Join a learning community of nearly 50,000 participants from 192+ countries! The course is freely available in several languages and provides real-life examples, animations, 360° virtual reality videos, and more. Upon completion participants can receive a certificate.
The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the Partnership for Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction (PEDRR) launched this MOOC first in January 2021. Due to popular demand, the course will be extended until the end of 2022, hosted on the SDG Academy/edX platform with support from the European Union.
MOOC on "Nature-based Solutions for Disaster and Climate Resilience"
- Follow the course for free & receive a UNEP certificate upon course completion.
- Choose to take the course in 8 languages; English, French, Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish, Arabic, Hindi, Indonesian and Brazilian-Portuguese.
- Meet & interact with environmental experts and practitioners.
- Access 6 hours of free learning materials, including case studies and exclusive interviews with world leaders.
- Join a growing community of practice on NbS and expand your professional network.
- Learn how to make a difference!
Who can join the course? The course is open to everyone, especially for the following groups, namely:
- Practitioners: Risk reduction & climate change experts, environmental managers, NGOs, and local governements.
- Policy makers: Decision makers at international, national and local levels.
- Engineers & Urban planners: Including architects, geographers and urban designers.
- Businesses: Including banking, insurance, and Corporate Social Responsibility managers.
- Youth & Educators: Parents, teachers, students.