The COPERNICUS Alliance aims to invest in members' activities by putting part of its annual budget aside to fund members’ initiatives. Activities that contribute to the overall CA ambition to build capacity in higher education for sustainable development can be supported providing they fulfill the conditions stipulated below.
In 2020, we will be able to fund up to six projects, awarding each with up to 1,000 EUR. Each member institution can apply with one project per call and receive maximum one micro fund per year. The decision on funding is taken by the CA Advisory Board. The results will be communicated within two weeks after the application deadlines. There are three calls for the fund:
1st callDeadline application: 31st January 2020; Decision until: 14th February 2020
2nd callDeadline application: 31st May 2020; Decision until: 15th June 2020
3rd callDeadline application: 30th September 2020; Decision until: 15th October 2020
Activities might involve (but are not limited to):
- Networking (CA capacity building)
What can be funded:
- Printing costs
- Travel and/or accommodation of guest speakers
- Conference rooms
What cannot be funded:
- Travel grants to conferences or workshops
- Internal institution workshops
- Internal capacity building
To ensure a fair procedure the following requirements need to be met:
- Only full institutional members are eligible to apply for the fund.
- The initiative needs to involve at least two members of the CA.
- The main organiser of the initiative needs to be a CA member.
- The aim and outcome of the initiative needs to meet the goals and vision of the CA.
To receive the fund, applicants have to:
- carry out the event as described in the application,
- add the CA logo to respective dissemination of funded initiatives and promote the CA where possible (e.g. distribute flyers to participants of workshops, add the logo to publications, …),
- report on the outcomes on the CA website and newsletter,
- prove evidence of expenditures by providing invoices/receipts, and
- send the completed reporting form.
Application and Reporting